عدد المساهمات : 69
نقاط : 222
تاريخ الميلاد : 04/09/1962
تاريخ التسجيل : 26/10/2009
العمر : 54
|موضوع: مراجعة للصف الثانى الثانوى على الوحدات الثلاثة الأولى + امتحان كامل الثلاثاء 3 نوفمبر 2009 - 2:14|| |
Revision for 2nd year (from unit I to 3 ) By SM : Nassif
1- Choose the correct answer from a , b, c or d ;
1. With the help of space ships, man ......... on the moon in 1969.
a) lands b) landed c) was landing d) was landed
2. You shouldn't have got up late because the train ......... an hour ago
a) leaves b) leaving c) left d) was leaving
3. When the patient arrived at the hospital, he ......... by the doctor.
a) checked c) was checked b) was checking d) has checked
4. My friend ......... at me and cried.
a) looks b) looked c) has looked d) will look
5. When she was a girl, she ......... go to the beach twice a week.
a) used to b) is used to c) use to d) uses
6.......... I am not very good at most sports, I can swim very well.
a) Because b) Owing to c) Although d) despite
7. My brother spent all the money he had,... he asked his father to give him some more,
a) if b) although c) but d)consequently
8. She had to leave her flat......... she didn't pay the rent.
a) so b) since c) although d) despite
9. Our team lost the match ......... playing badly.
a) although b) despite c) due to d) if
10. He missed a lot of lessons ......... his absence from school.
a) although b) owing to c) despite d) without
11. When I was on holiday , I ......... football everyday.
a) play b) was playing c) had played d) played
12. Let's wait for her until she ..........
a) will arrive b) is arriving c) arrives d) would arrive
13. He ......... to come next week
a) expects c) is expecting b) is expected d) was expecting
14. Wafaa switches off her computer when she ......... using it.
a) finished b) finishing c) had finished d) has finished
15.1 often ......... breakfast in my office.
a) will have b) am having c) have d) have had
16. We ......... rationalize our energy consumption.
a) have to b) can't c) were to d) mustn't
17. Rubbish from landfill sites ......... to generate energy
a) can use c) can be used b) used d) must have been used
18. He is going to buy that high quality shirt ......... it is very expensive
a) even though c) in spite of b) however d) regardless of
19. The conference ......... in Cairo last year discussed environmental diseases
a) holding b) was held c) to hold d) held
20. He ......... get up early , but he doesn't now.
a) used to b) is used to c) is used for d) uses to
2- Find the mistakes in each of the following sentences, then write them correctly:
1. The telephone was invent by Bell.
2. He comes always to school early.
3. The director always is late.
4. A nice story being written now,
5. He start painting the room a week ago.
6. The radio set was repairing yesterday.
7. The bag were stolen by the thief.
8. Although the heavy rain, we went to the cinema.
9. She went to her office although her illness.
10. Due to the traffic was heavy, we came late.
11. He has ever seen such a tragic film.
12. She hasn't visited her uncle since a long time. 13.1 never gone to the country before.
14. It's the most difficult question I have never had.
15. Before he had repaired the car, he painted it.
16. She doesn't go on a diet until she had become fat.
17. When the lesson start, I entered the class, so my teacher was angry.
18. After I written two pages, I realized my mistakes.
19. Have you ever be to Aswan?
20. By the age of 10,1 learn to ride my bike.
Test 4 based on Units 1-3
1- Respond to each of the following situations :
1. A friend asks why you enjoy reading novels.
2. Your brother wants to know your opinion of a film you have just seen.
3. Your teacher asks you which subject you like best.
4. Someone asks you a question that you don't want to answer.
2- Say where these mini-dialogues take place and who the speakers are :
1. A : My key, please! It's one twenty. Is Place : .............
there any massage for me? B ; No, sir. Speaker A : .....
A : If someone asks for me, I'll be in the Speaker B : .....
2. A : May I see the menu, please? Place : .............
B : Of course! Here you are. Speaker A : .....
A : Please, bring me meat with green salad. Speaker B : .....
B- Vocabulary and structure
3- Choose the correct answer from a , b, c or d :
1- I find it very difficult to ......... decisions quickly.
a) do b) get c) make d) come
2. Scientists are still ......... into making cars safer.
a) doing b) researching c) retiring d) trying
3. ....... I was out shopping, I saw three of my friends from school.
a) Because b) While c) If d) Although
4. My uncle does not enjoy ......... in big cities.
a) drive b) to drive c) driven d) driving
5. All my sisters are married, but my brother is still ......... .
a) one b) single c) alone d) free
6. It is not kind to ......... fun of people because of the way they speak.
a) make b) do c) have d) laugh
7. You have to study for a long time ......... you want to train to be a doctor,
a) while b) but c) although d) If
8. Have you ever ......... a famous person?
a) meet b) met c) meeting d) meets
9. While I ......... home, I saw some of my friends.
a) am walking b) was walking c) had walked d) walk
10 The people of Lilliput ......... Gulliver to the ground so that he couldn't escape.
a) put b) fell c) tied d) made
11. After he had finished his study ?t Cairo university, he was ......... as a doctor.
a) classified b) qualified c) identified d)characterized
12. He looks sick because he had kidney ......... .
a) transport b) transmit c) transplant d) transfer
13. When I am tired, I find it difficult to ......... the right decision.
a) make b) do c) invent d) discover
14. It is easy to change foreign ......... into Egyptian money.
a) notes b) coins c) currency d) banknotes
15. Some air companies ask passengers for their coins and give them to... organisation.
a) charity b) charitable c) donate d) assist
16. Internet shopping has increased ......... popularity in recent years.
a) of b) out c) in d) with
4- Find the mistakes in each of the following sentences, then write them correctly
1. We discussion the problem freely.
2. The reasonable I left the cinema early was that the film was boring.
3. After she has had her degree, she traveled abroad.
4. Your work is great and you can do a difference to people's lives.
5.1 fell off my bicycle while I going round a corner.
6. The Titanic sank on its first flight after it hit an iceberg._____
C- Reading comprehension
5 Read the following passage, then answer the questions:
There are similarities between animals living in wide open spaces. In open lands sometimes there are many trees and sometimes few trees, depending on the amount of water in the air and in the earth .
The lion is an animal that lives in open lands. It is the largest member in the family of cats. It lives in Africa. A grown lion measures three metres, from the top of the nose to the tail. It weighs 230 kilograms. When angry or irritated by files, the lion whips the tail around. If you have a cat at home, you may have seen the same thing happen. The favourite food of the lion is raw meat. It gets its food from the animals it kills every day. It hunts at night, but during the day it lies in the shade of a tree.
The lion kills only for food and never for the sports of killing. The male always eats first. When it finishes, the rest of the family, the lioness and cubs, have their turn.
The zebra also lives in wide open spaces. Its enemy is the lion because lions like zebra meat. Both zebras and lions like to live in open areas where they can run and play. But almost every time the zebra goes to the waterhole to drink, the lion is there waiting for him.
A) Answer the fallowing questions:
1. Why does the lion go out at night?
2. In what way are lions and zebras similar?
3. find the words which mean: a) adult b) nearly all
B) Choose the correct answer from a, b, c, or d :
4. The lion eats ...........
a) with its family c) after its family b) with zebras d) before its family
5. The underlined word " there " refers to ..........
a) a tree c) the waterhole b) open spaces d) open lands
6- Read the following passage, then answer the questions:
Yesterday, I heard from my friend Hani this story which, in my opinion, explains why Japan is a leading country in the field of industry. The world markets are full of high quality, cheap products from Japan.
While Hani was visiting a factory that makes television sets in Japan, he noticed that the workers were wearing bright red headbands. When he asked about the reason for this, he was told they were on strike. "But if they are on strike, why are they working? Masked Hani. The manager, great surprised said, "If they didn't work they wouldn't get paid and we would lose production. This would never do. So instead of closing the factory they wear these red hands around their heads. Thus we know they are unhappy. "Of course, the managers then get worried and try to find out why."
Another director added that workers also showed their songs about their dissatisfaction with the management. These songs, he said, hurt even more than the red headbands.
Hani asked if the workers broke anything or produced bad work. The Japanese manager was shocked and said that would be dishonorable. On the contrary, the workmen worked harder and better while the management got more uncomfortable. It meant great loss of honour if your workers went on strike in Japan.
It is no wonder than that when the minister urged the Japanese to increase their hours of leisure, they refused and insisted on working longer and producing more.
A) Answer the following questions ;
1. Where did this story happen?
2. What does it show?
3. Why did the workers sing songs?
B) Choose the correct answer from a, b, c, or d ;
4. The Japanese workers wear a red headband ......... .
a) for decoration c) to express discontent
b) to show satisfaction d) to express pleasure
5. The Japanese workers ......... when they are on strike.
a) work harder c) break everything they see
b) slop working d) stay at home
D- The Novel
7- A) Answer the following questions;
1. Why did Ayman phone a student of zoology?
2. What was the oldest man's plan to get the treasures?
B) Read the following quotation then answer the questions;
" It transmits radio waves through the wall. When the waves hit something on the other side, they come back to it".
1. What was the speaker talking about?
2. How did it penetrate the rock?
C) Complete the following sentences;
1. The police drove the two land Cruisers to ......... .
2. The spider would have bitten Najat unless ......... .
8- Write a paragraph of about 100 words about ;
" Online shopping"
9- A) Translate into Arabic;
You should learn how to manage your time well. If you do so, you will be a better student and this enables you to achieve your goals.
B) Translate into English;
1- لابد أن نعمل ليل نهار كي نعيش حياة أفضل
2- يتسوق العديد من الناس عبر الانترنت وذلك لسهولة معرفة اسعار السلع فى كل مكان